New Fire Station Dedicated
A public dedication ceremony for the City’s newest fire station was held Sunday, January 13th. The ceremony took place at the new Fire Station #4 located at 3000 E. Harrison Road was followed by an open house & station tours. The new Fire Station #4 was built by Casteel Construction of South Bend and replaces the city’s historic facility on Lincolnway East that was built in 1929.
In addition to housing the apparatus from the old Station #4, the new facility houses the administrative offices for the fire department as well as supporting expanded ambulance service. The building also features a training room that will double as a gathering space that is capable of hosting many community events.