Combined Sewer Overflow
Home > Mishawaka Utilities > Wastewater Treatment > CSO
Clean waterways are a priority in Mishawaka. We are implementing many projects to improve our waterway and to reduce combined sewer overflows. These efforts include expanding and modernizing our wastewater treatment plant and improving the sewage collection system.
How can I help improve water quality?
- Disconnect downspouts and sump pumps from the sewage system.
- Clean up after your pets.
- Dispose of household chemicals and used oil properly - not down the drain or a storm sewer.
- Reduce water use and keep pollution out of the storm drains.
- Invite us to make a presentation to your civic association or neighborhood group.
These simple steps can make a world of difference in Keeping Mishawaka Beautiful.